Legal and Ethical Obligations for Boomitra’s Business Partners and Business Associates
Last updated: April 13th, 2023
- General Compliance: Boomitra’s Business Partners shall comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, including but not limited to items 2-8 below, in respect of our business dealings and notify Boomitra in case of any suspected breaches, or any other non-compliance with the standards set out in this document, allowing for joint verification of facts.
- Bribery and corruption: Boomitra’s Business Partners shall uphold the highest standards of business ethics, respect local laws and not engage in any form of corruption, bribery, fraud, facilitation payments, kickbacks, illegal gratuities, or extortion. Boomitra considers facilitation payments as a form of corruption and has a zero-tolerance policy for such payments.
- Money Laundering: Boomitra conducts business with high integrity and within the limits of laws and regulations. We will not allow our Business Partners to condone or support money laundering in any form, in any location on behalf of Boomitra.
- Fair Competition: Boomitra strictly prohibits anti-competitive agreements or conduct, including fixing prices, restricting the supply of goods or services, bid rigging and market sharing. We encourage our Business Partners to commit to free and fair competition and to abide by relevant competition laws and regulations.
- Use of Products: In line with our strong commitment and adherence to applicable legal and regulatory obligations, Boomitra will not tolerate the misuse of our products for illegal purposes.
- Child or Forced Labor: Boomitra will not use or accept human trafficking, involuntary labor, bonded or forced labor or accept anyone do so on our behalf. Any use of child labor by Business Partners must comply with internationally recognized standards such as the guidelines of UNICEF, and the ILO, as well as local legislation.
- Discrimination: Boomitra takes the issue of discrimination very seriously. We require that employees of our Business Partners be treated with respect and dignity, and that equality of opportunities are based solely on merit, irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. Boomitra’s Business Partners are encouraged to create a fair work environment and to abide by all applicable local laws concerning discrimination in hiring and employment practices.
- Human Rights and Freedom: Boomitra expects all Business Partners to not violate any person’s fundamental human rights, with which each person is endowed and should recognize that all people are born free and equal in dignity and should be sensitive to the moral values, religion, customs, traditions, and culture of the communities they serve.
- Safe and Healthy Work Environment: Boomitra’s Business Partners are encouraged to provide a safe and healthy workplace in compliance with international standards and national laws to their employees and contractors.